Those of you who have been following these prayer letters will know that we last reported that construction was underway and we are happy to report that construction is complete and the students are using the facilities. What a relief to be able to stay clean, especially during this global pandemic. Thank you for helping make this a reality!
Parents and teachers are grateful and we even had an official celebration meeting with the parents. The weather was a little rainy that morning, so the crowd wasn’t big, but everyone was thankful, and we had the privilege of explaining the reason for our gift: God has been so generous to us, providing so much for us, including his one and only Son, Jesus! Kevin and Josue explained the gospel of grace. Some of the parents indicated it was the first time they had heard this message that we are saved by God’s grace and not by our own good works – and that they were changing their mind and putting their trust in Jesus.
We collected construction pictures, and thank you notes too, which you can check out on our website:
Praise God for:
- Successful project completion
- Increased health and safety for the community
- Great relationships we are building in the community
- Spreading of the gospel message
- Spiritual Harvest
- Continued positive relationships
- Continued spread of the gospel
- Continued growth and discipleship
CrossWay TecNica Continues to Recruit Students
Our team in Nicaragua is hard at work, recruiting students.
People are still quite nervous about their children’s health, which is to be expected. More and more parents are sending their kids back to public school classes, though. In addition to health concerns, their economy has taken a substantial hit, and parents are being very cautious with any extra spending. Even so, we are hoping and praying that the Lord grants us safety, health and favor in the eyes of the people, so we can resume full classes as soon as possible.
During the downtime we had new brochures designed (see green image), streamlined our website (www.CrossWayTecNica.com) and created an Instagram account. In addition, our team is beginning to go door to door in the neighborhood, letting people know that we are opening up classes again.
In positive news, we are making excellent progress regarding our accreditation status!
Things to pray for:
- Health and Safety of our whole team in Nicaragua, as well as our students.
- Special prayers for Josue’s fiancee “Darling” who has been infected by a mosquito with “Dengue Fever”.
- Pray for the final steps in the accreditation process.
- Pray for success in recruiting students!
Clean Water Connection in Riamugaa! (Kenya)
In addition to continuing to supply food and soap to the widows and families who are most in need in Kenya, we have made great progress on providing clean water to a nearby community. They have had a water pipe going past their village, but for years have not been able to get enough money together to afford the connection fee or the equipment (pipes, water tank, etc.). For a relatively small amount of money, we were able to pay the fee to the water company, purchase and install a small tower and water tank and pay workers to install pipes and make the connection. You can see more pictures and description on our website:
- Pray for open doors in the Riamugaa community to share the gospel of grace clearly, that they might trust in Jesus and have a well of eternal life spring up within them!
- Pray for the Bibles and food supplies that we will be handing out to the community, especially the widows and most needy families in the next few days and weeks.
Would you like to partner with us to continue to make things like this happen?
If you aren’t already signed up to receive this monthly email, so you know how to be praying for us, you can do that here:
If you would like to receive printed updates as well, you can give us your address here:
Treasures in Heaven
If you feel led to participate through giving donations, you can invest your funds in this kind of work for God’s Kingdom here:
“Worship that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:
to look after orphans and widows in their distress
and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.“
Image ScreenShot from Original Email